วันอังคารที่ 8 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

Snowflake Spinn n n.....


One of my favorite design class is Jewelry casting 'cus I can study in many new craft skill !!

Actually , I'm not familiar with metal work and this is my first jewelry design course. How exciting :D

I was assigned to create the metal jewelry , the theme design is “Movable”. I get an inspired by nature form because of its complexity and delicate details and the forms I really like is Snowflake ,rich in complicated details.It's also very shiny and sparkling under the light (How amazing!!),so it's right to the design theme 55.

Firstly, I have to draw an snowflake outline in paper and copy it to the metal sheet ( in this class we usually use the brass) Then I sawed, sawed and sawed…. it take such a long time to get millimetres cutting.

Can you imagine that !! sawing a lot of little delicate shapes using just a tiny scroll saw,that‘s quite terrible a big job. I think I can exercise my upper arm too :D

Time fly... with the my sweat on the face.


And this is the final cut :D



compared it with my hand :D



My jewelry professor later let us use own cutting piece to create the wearable jewelry with any ideas. Then I think about to combine this kinda shape with many pieces together but it would be so hard and take such a long time to do 555

Actually, I think it’s not a good idea because of lots of detail will lessen the beauty of itself. So I just simplify the shape and keep the same identity.

I want my jewelry be evolvable (creating a hidden surprise :D) You can see from this pic that the top of snowflake is turned around by my thumb. Moving snowflake creates the sparkling shadow. I combined it with curvy brass wire that everyone can wear and enjoy the snowflake spining shadow.


just turn around .d .d .....


snowflake with curvy brass wire

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น